Tuesday 6 January 2015

Recycled Wrapping Paper Christmas Card

Made this card for the Jingle Belles Challenge - No Time Like the Presents- which requires the use of some wrapping paper.  My plan is to participate in more of their challenges this year so that I have a collection of Christmas cards long before the holiday crunch- a good New Years resolution!
Most of my wrapping paper was already stashed but luckily I receive a gift late and took the paper off for this.  I adhered it to some heavy paper and purposefully wrinkled it up for texture.  Then I added white paint around the edges but thought that it needed more "snowy" feeling so added some chunky embossing powder around the edges.  I stacked several snowflake die cuts to make a "chipboard" snowflake which I covered with glitter but the glue made it look yellowish so I also coloured that with white paint and got a great texture.






Ingredients:
Die:   SSS Funky Snowflake
Paint: Adirondack Acrylic Dabber- Snow Cap
Embossing Powder:  Chunky White Embossing Enamel - Stampendous
Glitter: Ranger Distress Stickles- Clear Rock Candy

5 comments:

  1. Great card, Sandra! I have some snowflake dies - I'm going to try your "chipboard" method (thanks for the reminder)! See you at Jingle Belles all year, I hope!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh ♥WOW♥! what an awesome idea to wrinkle the giftwrap and paint the edges of the panel!!! totally want to go back and re-make my cards now to try that idea!!! btw, we're thrilled to help out with your new year's resolution and this is a fab take on our "no time like the presents" challenge at JINGLE BELLES! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is incredible! I love how you have added texture by wrinkling the paper and the painted edge really pulls the card together. I'll have to give this technique a try. Thanks for sharing this fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the white paint around the edges is such a fabulous touch ... and the wrinkled wrapping paper adds such great texture to your design ... so very glad you joining us at jingle belles in 2015

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love blue and white and this is so stinking pretty! What you did to the edges is wonderful. I'm going to have to remember that for the future.

    ReplyDelete